"Ma whero ma pango ka oti ai te mahi"
With red and black the work will be complete.
Chief Executive Officer
Mo te tunga / The role
- Lead our kaupapa Māori organisation in accordance with our values.
- Lead service development and implementation for the benefit of our communities.
- Broad-ranging position encompassing both strategy and operations.
- Managing people, culture, and change.
- Strategic development and business planning.
- Extensive experience working at the general management or CEO level?
- Proven ability to weave together mātauranga Māori, management, and leadership principles to support improved outcomes for Tāngata Whaiora and their whānau?
- Able to build and maintain effective relationships with funders, hapū, Iwi, and other providers?
- Unique and highly rewarding senior position leading people and the opportunity to apply innovation and creativity with a positive influence.
E ngā mana, e ngā reo, e ngā rangatira, tono mai i tēnei tūranga whakahirahira mō te āwhina o ō tātou hāpori.
A unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced Mana Whakahaere – CEO to provide leadership, direction, and coordination of services. Reporting to the Board of Trustees, you will lead the organisation and be accountable for the development of both short and long-term plans. Assuring service models are properly addressing the needs of Tāngata Whaiora, you will have a strong focus on building and maintaining effective and successful relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, sharing your vision, and delivering a roadmap of the journey ahead.
Te Kōtuku Ki Te Rangi (TKK) is a Kaupapa Māori organisation with the key purpose of providing support and care for anyone who is experiencing mental health disabilities. The organisation offers a wide range of services including; Support Hours, a Kaupapa Māori Day Programme, Residential Supported Rehabilitation, Social Housing, and Planned Adult Respite.
Ensuring the Board is kept updated, you will take your people on a journey with you, as you lead and develop a culture of high performance, where people are engaged, enabled, and enthused to do their best, every day. You will utilise your well-rounded business acumen and understanding and application of te reo Māori me ōna tikanga. You will have the ability to manage risk; and the means to formulate a plan of action and execute swiftly and decisively and your career will have been founded on a proven track record of success.
Prerequisites for application are to include;
- Experience working in senior leadership and people management positions.
- Experience working in the health sector is preferred.
- Comfortable operating in a kaupapa Māori environment
- Proficient in te reo Māori me ōna tikanga
- An awareness and affinity for the needs and aspirations of Tāngata Whaiora and their whānau.
- Operates in a way that tangibly represents the intent of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, both in a historical and contemporary context.
- A highly transparent communication style; ability to lead via the mantra of building a culture of ‘no surprises.’
- Strong financial literacy and commercial business acumen.
- Demonstrating sound judgment in decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of risk management principles and frameworks, operational and financial risk management.
- The prior demonstration of establishing, maintaining, and enhancing key strategic partnerships.
- The reputation for trustworthiness and integrity, and the Mana and the personal maturity to engender confidence and loyalty.
- A suitable qualification or relevant experience that supports the expectations of the role.
The organisation is in a great place and poised for the next stage of growth. If you are ready for a new challenge, and keen to apply, please request a copy of the information kete, or email Heather Walker now on (09) 632 1108 email@example.com
Applications Close: Monday 20th November 2023 at 5pm
Residential and Respite Staff
Mo te tunga/ the role
We have multiple CASUAL vacancies and we are seeking a passionate, assertive, confident, and compassionate kaimahi (worker) to join our team. As a casual kaimahi, you will assist in our three residential facilities: Marangatahi (5-bed residential home), Hinepiripiri (7-bed residential home), and our Adult Crises Respite facility (6 beds). Our services operate 24/7 on a 7-day roster.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org